Supply Chain Manager
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
- Permanent full-time
- Location: Brisbane
Reporting to the Manager Engineering Operations, the role of Supply Chain Manager will lead and manage the day-to-day purchasing, procurement, rotable repair management and associated logistic activities within defined budgetary and inventory requirements to meet operational requirements. Led by well-defined KPI's and best practice, this role will have a strong focus on gaining efficiencies around the engineering supply chain for maintenance on aircraft.
This unique and exciting opportunity is ideal for someone who is passionate about purchasing and logistics and aeromedical service delivery.
- Provide strong effective leadership within management of purchasing and logistics to meet operational requirements
- Develop, implement and effectively manage RFDS Qld supply chain
- Responsible of overall company stock management, anticipating challenges and working effectively with key stakeholders to manage solutions
- Review and optimise performance of the operation to ensure inventory accuracy, delivery efficiency and budgetary alignment
- Provide value and service to internal and external stakeholders by identifying end-to-end supply chain efficiencies.
- Continuously look for process improvement opportunities both internally and for external stakeholders
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You will be working with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a member of the amazing team driving the RFDS from behind the scenes, you will come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our work in helping people in Queensland communities. Critically, you are also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements. We will support you in your endeavour to develop new skills in a close-knit team that encourages the sharing of ideas and knowledge.
Who are we looking for?
This is a unique role requiring a breadth of skills across supply chain and procurement. The RFDS is looking for someone who has significant aviation or equivalent technical experience in aviation purchasing and logistics, and stock control. Qualifications in Supply Chain Management (or equivalent) and relevant aviation auditing experience would be desirable. You will be someone who succeeds working to tight deadlines whilst ensuring high levels of customer service and have the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
There are three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland Section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment.
This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will be subject to a criminal history check. You will also be required to be eligible to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
For further information please contact Adam Clegg, Acting Manager Engineering Operations, on 07 4034 8605.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 23 June 2018.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.