Administration Officer (Part-Time)
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) (RFDS) www.flyingdoctor.org.au is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, our Queensland section delivers extensive primary health care and 24-hour aeromedical emergency service, from nine strategic bases to those who live, work and travel throughout the State.
About the Role
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) (RFDS) is now seeking an Administration Officer to join our team. This role is based at Casuarina Street, Brisbane Airport (with onsite parking available), and is being offered on a permanent part-time basis, 5 days a week (approx. 25 hours per week).
Reporting to the Base Services Coordinator, this is a varied 'all rounder' role that will see you responsible for providing quality support within the administration functions of the office to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services to internal and external customers.
Your day-to-day duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Reception duties including answering phones, greeting visitors and liaising with contractors;
- Ensuring accurate and timely data entry for all aeromedical patient data;
- Maintaining office supplies, staff amenities, base security, technology and building maintenance;
- Undertaking accounts payable and petty cash activities in accordance with RFDS policies and procedures;
- Arranging travel for the Brisbane Base team, including driving staff to and from the domestic and international terminals as required; and
- Undertaking responsibilities of the Base Services Coordinator in the event of illness or leave.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a member of the amazing team driving RFDS from behind the scenes, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our work in helping people in Queensland communities. Critically, you’re also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive hourly rate (negotiable with skills and experience), plus super and access to generous salary packaging arrangements to increase your take home pay.
Who are we looking for?
To be considered for this position you will have demonstrated experience in a similar administration role, with well developed data entry and records management skills. Any experience in the health industry will be highly regarded but is not essential.
You will be a personable and flexible team player with the ability to work autonomously, troubleshoot problems as they arise and communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
A current, open Driver's License is also essential for this position.
Most importantly, there are three 'must-haves' that we look for in every one that joins us. We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture - helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
If this sounds like you, don't miss this unique opportunity - Apply Now!
If successful, you must be willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol testing, a criminal history check, and be eligible to obtain ASIC clearance.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.